Monday, 1 October 2012

Programme d’Appui à la Société Civile (PASC)


Date: 18th August 2012
Venue: Conference Hall of Minepat, Buea

This PASC conference was the first time to be presented in English in the South West Region of Cameroon. SW region was chosen by the EU among the 3 out of 10 regions in the country to launch PASC. The aim of the conference is to elaborate and clarify the Work Program 1 of PASC (Civil Society Strengthening Programme in English). PASC is a program under the cooperation between Cameroon and the European Union (EU). The funding supports Civil Society Organizations (CSOs) and Community Based Organizations (CBOs) by strengthening the State Civil Society Partnership in Cameroon.

As an ASA student volunteer for my partner organization Nature Cameroon, I am glad that I was invited to the conference, since I get to know more about the complementary role and potential contribution of civil society in Cameroon in the development process. It provides representatives from different CSOs or CBOs in the SW region a platform to gain insight about PASC and to learn from each other and from the invited experts of the field. This event provides invaluable network opportunities and information sharing among people from different professions. I especially impressed by critical questions during the Q & A session, and everyone has an equal opportunity to raise questions, and each question is answered and taken care of. Although I am only a visitor of the conference and my stay in Cameroon is short, I hope I could assist my partner organization to realize the preparation work for funding application and seek for more other funding opportunities to sustain existing and future projects. 

No comments:

Post a Comment